Laborer’s International Union of North America (LiUNA) // Contractor Database Application (CDB)
LiUNA originally developed the CDB application to store and organize contractor information for all member unions. As time progressed the application became outdated and had three major problems, which were:
- It did not provide the needed functionality to efficiently search stored information.
- It did not allow accessibility to all users nationwide in real-time.
- Information in the system information was becoming stale.
PioneerTech was tasked to conducted an application rationalization and determine whether the existing systems could be upgraded or if a new one developed to meet LiUNA’s need. We performed a risk assessment evaluation, did a full scope rationalization of the existing application, and determined a new system was required. The new CDB application was developed to store and organize contractor information for all member unions of LiUNA and made available via the internet as an enterprise-wide application. As part of the application rationalization services for this project we:
- Conducted extensive research that included interviewing stakeholders and executives as well as reviewing existing documentation and application code.
- Provided a list of options indicating the possible solutions to achieve the modernization and automation goals for the CDB application.
- Performed risk analysis and requirements gathering for the new system.
- Converted an entire data set to uniform data that is available within CBD in a centralized location. This data previously existed only on paper and was located at more than 500 geographical locations.
- Developed security protocols to protect the confidentiality of the data.